Sharp Home Care Parkinson’s Care Services
We understand the rough days when you shuffle more and can’t stop the shaking. Our in-home care professionals know just when to nudge you through exercises, when to cook some meals ahead, or when to help you relax and talk through how you’re really feeling about the limitations on your body. We notice changes in posture and facial expression and help you make comfortable adjustments to maintain coordination and balance.
Call today to schedule a FREE, no obligation, in-home care assessment
SHARP HOME CARE PROVIDES PARKINSON’S CARE SUPPORT
Our specialized and personable adult home care teams know just how to work with the muscle stiffness and tremors to prevent frustration and falls. Sharp home care Marietta GA’s in-home caregiving services also help individuals with Parkinson’s disease stand strong through these beneficial services:
Our Trained Experts in Parkinson’s Disease Know Exactly How To Help
- Nutrition and Meal Planning. A healthy diet is essential for those with Parkinson’s disease to help strengthen muscles and bones. Also, the National Parkinson Foundation offers these concerns regarding the nutritional needs of someone living with Parkinson’s.
- Personal Supervision and Home Safety. Parkinson’s disease often causes an unsteady gait, resulting in trips and falls. Our daily Home Safety Checklist can help in safeguarding the home.
- Daily Mobility. Some people with Parkinson’s disease need extra help with the activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, eating and using the bathroom. Our skilled caregivers are sensitive to the slowed pace the neuromuscular disorder presents, and we respect privacy and the need for a normal routine.
- Exercise. For people with Parkinson’s disease, exercise is vital to maintaining balance, mobility and strength. Our home caregivers can assist with stretching, walking and other light exercise programs.
- Transportation. Driving can be difficult or restricted for Parkinson’s patients. Sharp Home Care provides rides to appointments, therapy and other destinations. Our transport assistant also relieves family members from taking time off work.
- Family caregiver relief. Caring for someone with Parkinson’s disease can be physically demanding and emotionally exhausting. We provide respite care for family caregivers and peace of mind for everyone involved in the care network.
Our Personal Care Services
Bathing and Hygiene
For many health and social reasons, good personal hygiene is very important. Our in home personal caregivers are specially trained in bathing, personal hygiene and other personal care services, and always focus on preserving the dignity, comfort, and health of each client.
Walking & Mobility Assistance
We recognize that our clients can benefit from regular movement both physically and mentally. Our personal caregivers carefully consider the physical limitations and comfort of each client’s ability to walk, climb stairs, get in and out of vehicles, and make other routine movements as they assist them.
Transfer & Posture
Positioning, in addition to helping our clients with regular movement around the home or around town, our personal care services also concentrate on making sure each client maintains proper posture for eating or while sitting and reading or watching television. This helps with digestion and circulation. We can also assist with helping clients get in and out of bed or the bathroom.
Continence & Toileting Care
Our Sharp Home Caregivers are trained and experienced in assisting with urinary and bowel care. We understand the role that toileting care can play in a client’s comfort, self-esteem, and social life.
Special Diets & Meal Prep
We work with clients, families, and nutrition professionals to plan and prepare meals according to the specific needs of our clients. This can include shopping for special diets (diabetic, low-sodium, low-trans fat, etc.) and working to fix favorite dishes just right.
Housekeeping & Laundry
Sharp Home Care caregivers understand cleanliness of one’s surroundings can help the well-being of everyone involved. They will help with general tidying and light household duties, including washing, folding, and putting away of laundry.
Our caregivers can help our clients with mouth, gum, and denture care to encourage better overall oral hygiene.
One-on-one care while in skilled nursing, hospital, assisted living or home setting.
Transitional care from hospital or rehab to home.
Schedule a FREE, no-obligation, in-home care assessment: Call (770) 874-2744
We'll craft a customized home care plan tailored perfectly to you!
Get matched with a compatible caregiver
Schedule your free consultation today!
A free no-obligation consultation with one of our qualified nurses or care managers will be arranged in the client's home to answer any questions you have and assess the level of care and type of caregiver you require.
Contact Sharp Home Care
2000 1st Dr Suite 320, Marietta, GA 30062
Home Health Care Marietta, GA
Schedule a call